10 Resources for Making the Transition from Military to Civilian Jobs
Here are ten resources for making the transition from a military career to a civilian job.
- Military Skills Translators - take your military skills and translate them into civilian language on your resume.
- Job Search - 4 different methods for searching jobs, both on vetsuccess website as well as external sites
- Military Civilian Occupation Translator - identify civilian occupations that match your military occupation, skills and experience
- Resume and Cover Letter Tips - get help writing your resume and land an interview.
- Military Resume Samples - see examples of how military personnel converted their military resumes
- Veteran Career Network - get connected with over 1 million veterans working in companies, government agencies, career fields, industries or locations that interest you.
- Top 100 Military Friendly Employers
- Hiring Our Heroes - Initiative through the U.S. Chamber of Commerce offering job fairs across the country for military personnel and veterans
- G.I. Bill - Use your post-9/11 education benefits to get more education or training
- Accredited online degrees - If you don't meet the education and skills required for the job you want, consider getting more education