The University of Southern California’s Rossier School of Education is one of the world's premier centers for graduate study in urban education. We prepare and develop educational leaders who are agents of change and we are committed to innovation in all our programs, utilizing the latest in technologies and on-line capabilities to provide students with options for learning and succeeding.
· The MSW@USC is the first top-ranked MSW program offered nationally. Many online programs are limited to certain geographic areas or the availability of courses, making it necessary to travel to campus. Our program can be completed from virtually anywhere without the need to relocate to Southern California.
· The USC School of Social Work works with selected agencies and organizations across the country that represent the complete range of social services. This provides MSW@USC students the opportunity to apply what they learn in class and a chance to work with real-life clients in the community.
· The MSW@USC gives students the opportunity to earn the same quality education on-campus students receive. Our robust virtual environment provides the latest web-based technology for a highly interactive experience that mirrors the stringent curriculum of the onsite MSW program delivered by the same faculty.
With its reputation for educational excellence, cultural diversity and research funding, the University of Southern California’s School of Social Work prepares students for leadership roles in public and private organizations that serve individuals, families and communities in need. A pioneer in innovative programs of interdisciplinary study, the school is the highest ranked school of social work in Southern California and among the top 10 in the nation.
The USC School of Social Work’s MSW@USC offers the opportunity to earn a Master of Social Work degree through the Virtual Academic Center without relocating to Southern California. This online program is designed to prepare social workers with the knowledge and skills to make a difference in world, improve the lives of people and communities and eradicate pressing societal problems.
The MSW@USC enables you to:
• Earn a Master of Social Work from a top ten* School of Social Work.
• Participate in real time, web-based learning, paired with hands-on field education experiences in your local community.
• Choose from a variety of concentrations including: mental health; community organization, planning and administration; families and children; and military social work.
• Learn from distinguished faculty and enjoy full USC student status, including access to campus facilities, events and the Trojan Family network.
*US News and World Report, 2009
The MSW@USC is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and the Western Association of Colleges and Schools (WASC). Accreditation is a rigorous process that verifies degree programs meet the high standards considered essential to providing a quality social work education and ensuring that every student graduating from a social work program has the same requisite skills and knowledge.
USC administers one of the largest financial aid programs in the United States. The USC Financial Aid Office provides applications and information about need-based financial aid, departmental grants, and long-term financing options including the following federal and private programs.
•Federal Direct Stafford Loan (Subsidized or Unsubsidized)
•Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
•Private Financing programs